Get the right mix of authenticity and aspiration
The best way to predict your future is to create it.
Uncover. Unlock. Unleash.
We were sitting on a goldmine. Huge potential. Human capital. Intellectual capital. Undiscovered and waiting to be tapped.
We saw ourselves as prospectors, looking for precious gems. The hunt was on.
The hard work of forging a great foundation was behind us.
Now was the time to reap the benefits and leap to the future. So what was stopping us?
Distractions. Some good, some bad. Lack of resources. Tactical pressures. The politics of it all.
We needed focus. We could see value. We could feel opportunity. Both in terms of business innovation and technology. And we wanted to make sure we were investing our efforts in the areas that would provide the highest return.
The key was figuring out what was real and what was a mirage.
Imagine you uncovered something awesome. Imagine you went ‘wow, this is even better than we thought’.
Imagine you wanted to integrate it with your partners’ products. Imagine you wanted to create new and improved offerings.
Imagine building a bridge between the past to your vision of the future.
Imagine engaging the hearts, heads, and hands of your people.
Stop dreaming. Just do it.
So, you’re ready to direct your focus to the market and your customers. You just have to get them as excited as you are. All while taking great care to balance aspiration with authenticity.
To get an edge in the market, you need to invest a lot of effort making sure you’ve differentiated yourselves through precise positioning.
You also need to invest time planning, and generating straightforward but compelling sales enablement collateral.
And you need to design smart innovation metrics to give you the ability to course-correct.
Wanna jump start your efforts? We have developed a unique understanding of the innovation process necessary for sustainable transformation.
- Articulate unique opportunities.
- Set transformational goals.
- Run governance processes.
- Monitor OKRs.
- Establish innovation metrics.
- Quantify uncovered opportunities.
- Roadmap to bridge past to future.
- Improve and align collateral and sales and marketing plans.
- Create market-leading offerings.
- Integrate internally and connect to your broader strategy.
- Diffuse through business development.
- Harmonise your business models.
- Define operational RACIs.
- Agree on a collaborative engagement model.
- Actively manage behavioural standards.
- Continually engage and share successes and ideas.
- Develop a creative environment where innovation will thrive.
- Design and implement capability management plan.
- Focus and refine capabilities.
- Increase differentiation through methodology and tools.
- Move emphasis onto innovation processes.
- Conduct target reviews and report on modernisation paths.
- Establish support plans.