See your creative confidence in action and reap the harvest
Delivering On The Promise
It was ours to lose. Not happening. We were so close. And we were going to reach our potential. But there is no shortcut to success. Game on.
So, I’m in a tree and thinking these are the best-tasting cherries I have ever had in my life. Admittedly, I was only 8. And my dad would have killed me if he’d caught me. But, it was totally worth the risk.
He taught me a lot about tending to the little things to reap the rewards later. In the same way, I think of business as usual as the root that pulls nutrients up towards the fruit - rather than thinking of it as a distraction to innovation.
BAU is how you get your ideas across. It’s your engine of diffusion.
And the faster your ideas flow to market, the faster you can adapt and evolve. And the more you’ll thrive.
In a way, growing is a messy business. It is an organic process, with some give and take. In business, often you flourish despite the environment, not because of it. It can take lots of grit.
We needed ways to diffuse our ideas. Channel partners to champion them. And a customer acquisition funnel so we could rely on a repeatable sales engine.
As human nature would have it, when you try and do something different and new, it produces a reaction. Sometimes, challenges. And there are two ways to handle challenges - adapting, or pushing through.
Politics and scraps over who does what are painful and demoralising. Executive backing and clear boundaries are a must. Behavioural standards need to be agreed. And it’s critical business models are designed to ensure units operate in harmony.
When you’re out on a limb, reaching to grow, you need mentoring and techniques to keep your balance. This makes operational scaling not just possible, but fun.
The sun was shining on my face. I couldn’t be happier. I’d climbed higher than I thought I could. Or should. My dress was a mess. But I was chuffed. The sweet taste of success.
The team felt there was nothing they couldn’t do. We’d built ourselves a harvester. We were ready for new adventures.
Reinvest. Optimise. Innovate. Repeat.
- Diffuse your strategy and course-correct as required.
- Ensure alignment and growth.
- Actively run governance processes.
- Monitor OKRs and innovation metrics.
- Design metrics for GTM success.
- Build analytics for real-time measures and adapt to feedback.
- Seek further opportunities and feed back into strategy.
- Channel your innovations to market.
- Build an analytics engine to measure innovation progress and success.
- Drive improvements into the operational chain.
- Adapt and optimise your engagement model.
- Align operational accountabilities to realities.
- Design your onboarding processes for scaling and maintaining your values.
- Embed your standards into your culture.
- Optimise professional development plans.
- Develop a robust recruitment and onboarding process.
- Manage skills and remuneration balance.
- Manage and tweak efficiency and effectiveness.
- Prune your processes to remain adaptive and responsive.
- Integrate metrics into your value-chain.
- Target opportunities for integration and partnering.
- Broaden and extend ecosystem reach.